YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I'm Manny and just got my first ATV, a 2004 YFZ450. I got it in a trade plus cash for a RZR 900 I got tired of. I'm 47 and didn't grow up riding but excited to go exploring and learn some care and maintenance of my new joy. I'm from Mesa, AZ and like the Mund’s Park, Mormon Lake Areas and have been to Glamis once. Thanks for having me, and I hope to learn a lot, have fun and see you on the trails.

Attachments

Reactions: kb motorsports

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Alright alright. ive never been on a side by side but the first time i hopped on a BRAND NEW PIPED Z400 BACK WHEN I WAS 20 YEARS OLD and i pinned it in 2nd and 3rd i was hooked. Not sure if a side by side can give that same rush a quad can. HEY YOU GOT DUNESS BACK THERE MY MAN IN YOUR BACKYARD.

Us san diego guys gotta drive a good 90 minutes uphill to reach some dunes.
If this your 1st quad take it easy man. Easy for that beast to get too fast very quickly and catch you off guard and throw you like nothing. CLEAN FRESH MOTORCYCLE ENGINE OIL AND CLEAN AIR FILTER YOUR BEST FRIEND.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Hello everybody. I'm Manny and just got my first ATV, a 2004 YFZ450. I got it in a trade plus cash for a RZR 900 I got tired of. I'm 47 and didn't grow up riding but excited to go exploring and learn some care and maintenance of my new joy. I'm from Mesa, AZ and like the Mund’s Park, Mormon Lake Areas and have been to Glamis once. Thanks for having me, and I hope to learn a lot, have fun and see you on the trails.

Awesome, you’ll love the YFZ ! I had my 2004 for six years and enjoyed every minute of it . I got a little distracted and bought a few side by sides in the past, but I kept drooling over wheels with handlebars. I ended up selling the XP and not wrenching every week on my own stuff is a huge time saver! :) Changing oil, cleaning air filter, and fresh fuel will go a long ways in a YFZ. :) have fun !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts