YFZ Central banner

321 - 340 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I ended up with an 2009-2010 OEM basket and washer. I'll have to get some pics up of the bike with the Rekluse cover!
U remember the socket size of the big nut holding basket and hub?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #322 (Edited)
Have you had any one test fit this with the f43 front bumper. View attachment 93390

The nose of of other skids I have tried doesn’t fit with the block off there. Yours looks like it’s got a wider angle and wouldn’t have any problems but was curious if you knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Asics112! Don't forget in the photo the front hasn't been bent up to the 80 to 90 degree angle. The skid goes 5mm past the front black rubber plug in the frame and turns up pretty much to a 90 degree angle. The HDPE is 3/8" thick. So it's similar to the GYTR skid turn up just a little taller. It's not a problem ordering a custom plate with the nose cut off at a certain distance to clear certain bumpers. From the photo the bumper it looks like it should clear. If a person bought the version with the turn up there is a scribe line that I designed into the skid that you can cut on and a sand up to line to make it look factory so you have two options. If you want to send me a bumper to trial fit I'll do that for you and I'll send you back the bumper with pictures of how it fits?

Below is a picture before the nose is bent up. You can see the groove where it is bent up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Asics112! Don't forget in the photo the front hasn't been bent up to the 80 to 90 degree angle. The skid goes 5mm past the front black rubber plug in the frame and turns up pretty much to a 90 degree angle. The HDPE is 3/8" thick. So it's similar to the GYTR skid turn up just a little taller. It's not a problem ordering a custom plate with the nose cut off at a certain distance to clear certain bumpers. From the photo the bumper it looks like it should clear. If a person bought the version with the turn up there is a scribe line that I designed that you cut on and a sand up to line to make it look factory so you have two options. If you want to send me a bumper to trial fit and I'll send it back to you with pictures if you would like?
I’ve got no problem cutting it on the scribe line if it doesn’t fit. Really love to adjustable mounting on the front though struggled with that as well so that’s all I need. Love to purchase a black one when they’re available. Haha just a lot going on in that small area on my bike it seems with the skid, bumper, and frame plug from BNR. But yea not sure if you’re taking payment for pre orders or just making a list but either way I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
U remember the socket size of the big nut holding basket and hub?

Not off the top of my head.....I did right it down so I can look it up for you...It might be a day or two.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Skid looks goood !!! Covers more than my GYTR aluminum.

Any possibility to make a socket hole for the stem? You gonna make these in gray?

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Skid looks goood !!! Covers more than my GYTR aluminum.

Any possibility to make a socket hole for the stem? You gonna make these in gray?

I can custom cut stem holes and the nose of the skid. As of right now black or white. I'll probably do customs colors down the road....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Why the hell would you need the hole for stem gambler? It’s not like you’re going to buy one and if you did and really wanted to have access to the stem nut just hole saw a hole.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Testing a prototype die for creating cup washers. The production washers will be stainless steel and nicer and smaller than the below picture...LOL

Nose decal....The prototype skid didn't have a pocket for the decal so this is a mockup to show you what it will look like...LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
I think I have the washers sorted out....Note the washer on the right isn't countersunk!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
PRP SWINGARM SKID !!

321 - 340 of 345 Posts