YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im going to Earlywine mx track this monday and i need a kill switch for my yfz. They said they have them there so i could either buy one there, or buy one from another store before i go. My question is, is it easy and quick enough to install one right there at the track, or should i go ahead and buy one before I go so I will be ready to go. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
One wire goes to ground, the other wire goes to the power feed into the coil. thats it

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (2000camaro_ss @ Feb 12 2009, 02:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745447
One wire goes to ground, the other wire goes to the power feed into the coil. thats it[/b]

I have got old Pro armor kill switch for YFZ 450, so for my situation I also connect one wire to ground and the other to the coil? ( Have you got any pics of your second wire when you connected to the coil?)

Edit I have got YFZ450R

Thanks

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
if its a regular YFZ, you need to hook the other wire into the stator pickup wire. there is a sticky in the powetrain section on how to do it

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
just used a regular kill switch, and a couple of connectors from any auto parts store. took 30min max

added a kill switch to the r today.
had to fab a small plate for the switch to mount on there was no room on the flex bars.

grounded one end of the kill switch to a bracket bolt above the pipe this is a red wire with black heat shrink

this is where you connect the other wire
the red wire is the kill switch you remove the orange wire from the coil
get a yellow female connector and put the wire from the kill switch and a short jumper 3" long crimp this together,install on the coil. add a male crimp to the short wire and crimp, this will go into the orange wire connector
that was orignally on the coil. test to make sure the quad will start and die when the teather is pulled
[

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE (popo @ Feb 23 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749981
Are you guys having a problem blowing fuses?[/b]

I had the same problem on my '06 with a pro design switch. The dude before me wired it to the ignition switch, but it has to interupt the coil. I know on the '06 one wire goes to the white wire coming out of the case next to the oil fill. And the other wire of course goes to ground. That's how the guy at Pro Design said it needs to be. So far no problems and works as it should. Hope this helps a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts