YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here ya go from Bob @ Magnolia. Looking sweet and he says it clears the HMF pipe and his AC propeg nerfs. Although he says he hasnt tried to kick it over with boots, it rubs a little but it works.

Ok here are those pics, it went Really easy :lol the instructions are a bit, sketchy as usual but thats ok anyone with a good working mechinical knowledge can do this, here are some of the steps and pics of what you have to do, :rock

Time for the clutch basket to come off to put on the idler gear

here are the internal parts installed, super easy just slid right in

and here is the finsihed product after cutting out the template that yamaha supplies under the rear fender

ANd for all you AC owners out there, wondering if they would clear the kicker, yes they do,

I have not rewired yet, but i will post pics of how the hotstart lever will install tomorrow night, but enjoy

"one question tho...although it clears te heal guard...wouldn't your foot slam into it still? looks like it?"

"it does a little, but i have not tried it with boots, but that was all the way compressed too, it starts way before you get there, so the idler gear kicks in on that one" -Bob

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is that the GYT-R kit? How much is it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I did mine tonight. One thing that took me for ever to figure out was where the end of the spring goes. It goes in a hole with out threads where the side cover mounts.

Once you take the pressure plate off, keep an eye on that ball bearing in there!! I took my pressure plate off, then put it on my work bench. When my back was turned i heard "Ting ting ting ting". I was like WTF. I didn't know what i was looking for at first. I was on my hands and knees looking for a bolt, washer, dowel pin, ect. For about 15 minutes. Then i saw a new looking ball bearing, and i saw in the manual there was a ball in the diamgram. It fit in where the clutch is, wuhoo!! Glad thats over ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks as easy as the cam mod :blah

Geoff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
not well DICK. I sent him some pics of the kickstarter hitting the header and he basically said TOO BAD. Anyone want to buy a sparks pipe??? just polished the can to a mirror finish.
Isaac

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Dec 10 2003, 02:46 AM
Looks as easy as the cam mod :blah

Geoff.
Looks a little tougher, but nothing anyone with tools, a manuel, and a couple of extra minutes could not do.

Or you could pay someone to work on your bike and then ride his errr yours

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by edgerat@Dec 10 2003, 10:20 AM
not well DICK.  I sent him some pics of the kickstarter hitting the header and he basically said TOO BAD.
Sorry Isaac... I had to laugh at that... I sent pics months ago. Sold mine (2) weeks ago.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Dill@Dec 10 2003, 10:22 AM
he wont change them until his racers complain..then it will be fixed in 2 mins.  What a bad businessman!
He'll never see my $s again - and I think the problem is more w/ Scott than Curtis - but who knows. I'm not worried about it any more.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Issac, I decided I am keeping the button, how much you want to get rid of that morphadite Sparkes pipe for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts