YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in the kickstarter kit for the yfz but my fellow atv riders were telling me that the ymamha kickstarter kits is over $600 because it comes with everything you need to work your kickstarter.....such as cut fenders gears and everything you need to relocate. i was wondering if u actually need to do all this and if so is their any1 else that sels it chepaer.

does the kickstarter work with ac pro peg nerfs and a curtis sparks pipe?

thanx

·
Registered
453 Posts
not that i know of thats not true. it will work with sparks pipe and ac pro peg nerfs. and you can find it for $240 that's the cheapest ive seen it. and you will have to cut your left rear fender.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by yamahauler@Dec 28 2003, 05:36 PM
it will work with sparks pipe
I'm pretty darn sure that it will NOT work with the Sparks pipe. I think it was Selector that discovered that and then went with a Thunder Alley pipe.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The entire kit from Yamaha is like $475 from [email protected]
But I know that he can sell you the parts that you really need for like $275 or so.

It will not work with the Sparks pipe, and you cut the right fender not the left.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Dec 29 2003, 10:18 AM
i know i should pm bob, BUT what does the complete kit include that the lesser one doesnt?
The hot start cable, heel guards, and a couple of other non needed things

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450ryder@Dec 29 2003, 12:25 PM
what pipes does tje lcoker work with????
Come again please.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It works with the hmf I know. Kory Ellis has ran the kicker with Alba and Gyt-r both so it should work with those.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yeah it will work with those and Thunder Alley and I am sure a few re. But not Spartks for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i emailed magnolia asking if the kicker worked with the spaks pipe and they said yes.... woodward specialilties also thought that it did????

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450ryder@Dec 30 2003, 05:40 PM
i emailed magnolia asking if the kicker worked with the spaks pipe and they said yes.... woodward specialilties also thought that it did????
Why don't you ask someone that has really tried it like Edgerat or selector?

I know for a fact that they both have tried and both sold their sparks pipe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think they were both using the kick lever from the yzf dirtbike, it is longer. The lever in the gyt-r kit is shorter so maybe it wont hit the sparks exhaust.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Not sure.... But I don't think it will work.

But I could be wrooooo... whoops I mean I could be not right :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts