YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much a kickstarter is? I heard they come with hotstart cables and heelguards and stuff but i do not want all of that. I just want the shaft and starter and whatever little pieces you need inside the motor. Has anyone boguht just that? I need one of these ASAP so i can get it in before my motor goes back together. Thanks alot

·
Registered
631 Posts
check out other posts selector had one telling you what parts you needed i think it is in tips & tricks

andy

·
Registered
240 Posts
i took the part numbers off line and brought it to my dealer. They have the crank kit and kicker shaft on orderHe said i should have the kicker shaft kit in next week and the crank kit in january. He said they would of never had part numbers if it wasn't for me.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by trx400ex@Nov 29 2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks, but dont they sell all those peices in a kit from YAMAHA thats cheaper?
i am not sure what the price breaks down to but i believe yamahas kit is $400 +

andy

·
Registered
274 Posts
now what are you guys gonna do about the side case cover that holds the starter and gear there.

i was thinkin to just get a YZ450 side cover to get rid of that extra case cover that isnt needed after the starter is gone.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Nov 30 2003, 10:32 AM
now what are you guys gonna do about the side case cover that holds the starter and gear there.

i was thinkin to just get a YZ450 side cover to get rid of that extra case cover that isnt needed after the starter is gone.
I am keeping the electric start. I am only getting the kicker to use as a back up. If i start having alot of problems with the elcectic start , i'll just take it off. I have always been a fan of both.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by DigitMXTracks@Nov 30 2003, 12:32 PM

The YFZ and YZ do not share the same case or cover. Was one of the first things I looked at. I won't try to describe the differences, but compare them very closely and you'll see.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Selector....

I can't remember where the original post was where you wanted to see my Kicker, so I'm putting it here for you to see.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. Now that the kit is out, go with it and use it. It will make things a LOT easier! Me on the other hand am not the patient type and had to have a kicker on it as soon as I got the bike in July! It works just as well, was just a little more work is all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts