YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST GOT FINISHED INSTALLING THE KICK START AND I PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER AND WENT TO KICK IT AND IT WAS STUCK. A MECHANIC TOLD ME THAT THE CLUTCH BASKET SHOULD BE ABLE TO ROTATE BUT MINE DOESN'T WHICH IS MAKING THE KICKER STUCK. CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG AND IF THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE? MY QUAD IS IN NEUTRAL AND IT DOES ROLL BUT AND I EVEN TRIED TO START IT WITH THE ELECTRIC START AND IT DOES MOVE WHEN USING THE ELECTRIC START BUT WHEN I USE THE KICKER IT JUST STICKS. HELP ME PLEASE???!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
u probally didnt push the basket on far enough,u will have to push the basket & rotate it at the same time to line the gears up, u would have noticed this when u went to tighten up the basket,is the idle gear on the correct way?? when u pull the spacer off make suer the gear turns easily,& is spaced out away from the case hope this helps!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
this happened on my bros blaster (gone) there is a little plastic piece with little grooves on it. the spring has to be pushed into the groove and u will be on ur way

·
Registered
10 Posts
mine did the same thing so i started over and made sure i had the kicker gear against the stoper & then rotated the spring counter clock wise till i could push it in & now it works fine :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
did the cam mod yet? wont kick start unless you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts