YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I ordered the kickstarter for my bike and realized how much plastic was going to have to be trimmed I knew the pipe was going to be a problem.

I needed a heat shield, I contacted Vorra65 and asked if he was interested in fabricating a heat shield to work with the kickstarter since he had made a similar one for YFZ's without cut fenders. He said "sure" and was able to make it for me without even needing my bike. He probably would make one for anyone interested if you sent him a PM.

Before

After :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
DO you guys think it would be beynd the realm of possibility to actually have a forward kickstart conversion? IM kind a liking the TRX one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah, agreed. A forward kicker would be the ticket. Too bad you gotta wack the plastic to make it work.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think anyone is going to come out with a forward kicker

Im the guy that would get an F in art class so maybe y'all would make it look pertier. Im not finished sanding the plastics yet

Im going for function over looks on this set of plastics. I will be getting another set of plastics for the dunes in the next few months - that wont be going near the track ....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why did you trim so much plastic?!!! You can actually get away without cutting your plastic at all with the kicker if you bend back the bottom plastic mount. If you really want to cut the plastic though, follow the line that Yamaha molded into the back of the plastic for you to follow!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
a forward kick will really be nice, anyone think theres any possibilities to making on?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by smith@Feb 3 2004, 09:21 AM
If you really want to cut the plastic though, follow the line that Yamaha molded into the back of the plastic for you to follow!
Thats the line I followed ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Originally posted by smith@Feb 3 2004, 05:21 PM
Why did you trim so much plastic?!!! You can actually get away without cutting your plastic at all with the kicker if you bend back the bottom plastic mount. If you really want to cut the plastic though, follow the line that Yamaha molded into the back of the plastic for you to follow!
Can you show exactly what you mean when you say about bending the plastics or something.
Because I'm really thinking into a kciker but I don't like how you have to cut the plactics.
If you could that would help alot.
Thanks
Tony

And I just wanted to see what this icon looked like: :moose

LOL

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There is not reason to cut the plastic like that :wtf

Like said above you CAN get away without even cutting the plastic but its close and I think too close.

But if you look at the back of the fender there is a line, cut the plastic in the same overall design but about 2 1/2 inches lower. Everything clears great and looks pretty dang good too.

I installed one on a fellas bike here and cut the plastic like tht and it is working great.

Sorry I did not get any pics of his bike but if I see him out at Dumont over Pres weekend I will get a few.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey ladies - wheel those bikes back in the living room

I could really give two chits about my rear fender ... i just cut along Yamaha's line. I will probably cut more off later too.

I tried at first to only cut about half as much while it worked my boot would drag and scrape on the fender especially when coming back up. I didnt want to deal with that or the stress marks it was going to make so I said FUK IT and followed the template.

It also allowed me to cut off the part of my plastics that were trashed. this is what the other side looks like .... its gonna go too :wtf

·
Registered
304 Posts
how can i get this shield?? i have the kicker too and for some reason my heel hits the pipe. and i don't want to hurt my pipe especially with my alpinestar boots with the metel in the back of the boot hitting my brand new pipe.how would i get this?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by tmm403@Feb 5 2004, 08:32 PM
how can i get this shield?? i have the kicker too and for some reason my heel hits the pipe. and i don't want to hurt my pipe especially with my alpinestar boots with the metel in the back of the boot hitting my brand new pipe.how would i get this?
That particular shield was made for the HMF. I don't know which pipe you have, but this application wont stop your boot from hitting when your'e using the kicker.Your boot will hit the shield instead.The shield will however, prevent your pant's and leg from getting scorched. If your pipe is something other than an HMF, I would send you a shield that you could easily bend to match your pipe. Let me know. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by tmm403@Feb 5 2004, 08:32 PM
Dood, sorry. I just read your other post-you have an HMF. Yeah, PM me. I can send you one just like the one I sent Schwendi. :O

1 - 14 of 14 Posts