No, you can keep both.

·
Registered
73 Posts
cool i did not know you could keep the starter :yfz :sonic

·
Registered
25 Posts
just a question. why would you want to put the kick starter on if your just gonna leave the electric starter on?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by 400MXer@Feb 4 2004, 08:47 PM
just a question. why would you want to put the kick starter on if your just gonna leave the electric starter on?
always nice to ahve a backup in case the battery decides to go

·
Registered
971 Posts
most riders would never notice the extra weight from a batt and starter but i would not reccomend the kicker i have it on mine and its a rear pain to start you also have to be careful what pipe you run because some of them hold the kicker out against your boot i took my lever off and threw it in the tool box if i ever need it i may put it back on but i think its a waste

·
Registered
865 Posts
i was going to buy the kicker kit but now i dont know, is it realy that bad?

i have to do somthing because everytime i ride i have battery problems.

you think if you pay 6000+ for a brand new atv you could go start it and ride with no problems.somthing needs to be done about the battery troubles, or atleast make a good kick conversion thats easy to start.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've had no battery probs yet but I'm still going to get the kicker. Even if you can't notice the weight loss it's still weight loss and that’s my ultimate goal.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i was wondering how early in the production run the bikes with batt problems were mine is #9175 and its not had any problems i ride only motocross with no lights and i havent lost a batt in almost 4 months of riding so i would assume mine is not overcharging

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine is the # 623 made and i havent had a battery problem yet id take it back to the dealer and just get a new battery no biggie sometimes u just get a bad battery from the get go i work at a dealership and we get them back from time to time just because they are bad from the factory its under warranty go get one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the kicker and kept the elec start. It was an absolute bear to start until we did the cam mod. Now it is super easy. I am keeping the elec because it is still easier to push the button when your halfway thru a moto and do not want to expend any extra energy kicking... if the button works. But it is there when I need it...and I have needed it more than not.

I just came back from a race, there were 5 other 450's none of which had the kicker... 2 of them had starting problems on the line and most of them had chargers on them between moto's.

I do live in an area with colder temps and this is probably one of the bigger reasons it is more problematic. I wish it came as a standard feature. I recommend everyone to get it. It only takes one time of it not starting to ruin your day.

Even though I race, the extra weight is not what is making or breaking my final results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts