YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
do a search or look thru here, there are dozens of posts asking the same question, it won't be to tough to find a few of the posts.
You can also go to Yamaha's website and look for accessories under the YFZ450 section.
Good luck.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh come on Selector...I'm to shy to show you "mine", you pervert! :D

I can try to get you a picture one of these nights if you want, but it will look similar to yours only that I used the kick-starter from a 99-01 YZ250 so that I wouldn't have to cut my fenders at all. The only problem with this setup is that I had to make a reducer bushing for the 250's kicker to fit on the 450's stub. It works great, but not everyone has access to spin out their own bushings.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by smith@Nov 18 2003, 11:20 AM
Oh come on Selector...I'm to shy to show you "mine", you pervert! :D

I can try to get you a picture one of these nights if you want, but it will look similar to yours only that I used the kick-starter from a 99-01 YZ250 so that I wouldn't have to cut my fenders at all. The only problem with this setup is that I had to make a reducer bushing for the 250's kicker to fit on the 450's stub. It works great, but not everyone has access to spin out their own bushings.
I wanna see the setup man - c'mon! Them damn little bushings are worth sumth'n.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok, give me a couple of days and I'll try to take a digital shot at home. (It's deer season up in Michigan right now so my time is limited! :blah ) In all honesty, after now seeing what Yamaha is offering for parts separatly instead of having to buy the entire kit, I would just buy the kickstarter which they are offering (it is about the same length as the 250 kicker, or at least the one that I saw was) and then buy the yz450 internals as we both did. The only reason is because the one that they are offering already comes made to fit without the bushing and for about the same price (or it's slightly more but not enough to worrry about)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts