YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im racing harescrambles for my first year in kentucky and was wondering which rear tires would be the best: regular kenda "Knarly" in a 20 or 22 v/s the "Knarly XC" in a 21 or 22? Im more interested in getting customer opnions about which tire would hook up the best for muddy rough terrain more than the size. Anyone had any dealings with these tires or suggestions????

·
Registered
775 Posts
i have ran kendas im a maxxis guy im running maxxis razr IIs up front with Irazrs in the rear (havent tried the I razrs in the rear yet) but i have yoused razr II's all around and they were good for all kinds of terrain as far as sizes 21" front and 20" rears are great ive used 23" front and 22" rears and it was to tall great though if your in a severally muddy race

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450Racer411 @ Mar 1 2009, 11:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752758
i have ran kendas im a maxxis guy im running maxxis razr IIs up front with Irazrs in the rear (havent tried the I razrs in the rear yet) but i have yoused razr II's all around and they were good for all kinds of terrain as far as sizes 21" front and 20" rears are great ive used 23" front and 22" rears and it was to tall great though if your in a severally muddy race[/b]
C im the opposite, I dont like the maxxis tires because to me they slide to much in and out of the corners and I dont like that unpredictability. Ive ran the Kenda Klaws on everything I own, except out on a limb I went with the Mudlight Sp's for trail riding back home and I love them!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
i thing the XC's are 6 ply and the regular knarly's are 4 arent they? i would go with the thicker tire without a doubt.

have you looked at the klaw xc's?

·
Registered
918 Posts
QUOTE (leveldrummer @ Mar 2 2009, 01:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752841
i thing the XC's are 6 ply and the regular knarly's are 4 arent they? i would go with the thicker tire without a doubt.

have you looked at the klaw xc's?[/b]

Yes!

If you are running hare scrambles I would run the XC's. They are slightly heavier, then the 4ply MX knarly's but you will definitely want the 6 ply tires for the trails!

As far as hook up they should be the same. Taller the tire the more ground clearance you will get. You can always drop a tooth in the front sprocket if you think you loose too much low end from a taller tire.

·
Registered
114 Posts
have you got tehm...just wondering how you like them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts