YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the prefilter for a K&N (outerwears cover) needed when at glamis or just anywhere with sand?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by 2000racing@Nov 13 2003, 09:45 PM
Is the prefilter for a K&N (outerwears cover) needed when at glamis or just anywhere with sand?
"Needed"? No, but very good insurance - if there is such a thing. Personally, I don't always oil mine w/ the outerwears on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by selector+Nov 13 2003, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (selector @ Nov 13 2003, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--2000racing@Nov 13 2003, 09:45 PM
"Needed"? No, but very good insurance - if there is such a thing. Personally, I don't always oil mine w/ the outerwears on.[/b][/quote]
i'm getting ready to go to glamis next weekend....
so i recharged my k&n w/pre screen....
the last trip was to gordons wells (another good sand box)
anyway, when i was cleaning my filter chit load of sand washed out.
thus, imho... prefilter and oiling (charging) your k&n is very important.

-- k&n, lid still on, stock except paddles :re

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
How would u go about cleaning and charging ur K&N? I know exactly how to take care of a foam filter, but not sure about my K&N...Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Wash both (filter, and pre-filter) with warm soapy water(NOT GAS). Rinse throughly, and let dry. Once they are dry spray the K&N with the K&N filter oil (Turns your K&N pinkish-red) Let that dry, and voila' put that sumbich back on, and go riding.

They also sell K&N crap that you can use to wash your filter with too, I heard it works well, but warm soapy water is much cheaper, and just as effective :lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Nov 14 2003, 09:37 AM
How would u go about cleaning and charging ur K&N? I know exactly how to take care of a foam filter, but not sure about my K&N...Thanx
i use the k&n re-charge kit... it comes with degreaser in a pump and a can of recharging oil... it will do about 3-4 filters...
anyway, i always work inside-out... another word, spray everything from degreaser-water-oil from the clean side... you do not want to push any dirt/sand through the material...

just soak with the degreaser for about 10-15 minutes...
rinse with water (from inside) with low pressure...
let dry...
spray with oil until pink...
let it rest...
done.

if all else fail... the direction is on the box
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts