YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading a few other forums and found a post that talked about how bad K&N air filters are and all the dirt that passes through them. I am currently breaking in my YFZ and have bought a foam filter and a K&N. I wanted to run the K&N without the airbox, but now am skeptical. Should I run a foam and "save" the motor, or run the K&N. Can I run a foam filter without the airbox? :uhoh

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If you run an outerwear on the K&N and clean both the outerewar and K&N regularly, you will not have any probs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Outerware also makes a box cover made outta the outerware material.
Nice, with velcro.

Phone outerware direct: 1 800 967 3450

Plus they offer an outerware that will cover your stock foarm filter too.

Now I believe the stock foam filter needs the lid to keep it in place,, so figure that one out.

Perhaps trim it. DAMFINO

·
Registered
217 Posts
no site ?
:cry

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Dec 10 2003, 03:52 PM
Outerware also makes a box cover made outta the outerware material.
Nice, with velcro.

Phone outerware direct: 1 800 967 3450

Plus they offer an outerware that will cover your stock foarm filter too.

Now I believe the stock foam filter needs the lid to keep it in place,, so figure that one out.

Perhaps trim it. DAMFINO
is the outerwear box cover made for the YFZ stock air box?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depends on where you ride.

K&N's are fine, probably better in the sand.

Oiled foam is the only way to protect your engine if you ride in areas where the soil is clay, and dusty.

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yeah, its like the one on ebay only the website i saw them at they also offered a full replacement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone know where to get the appropriate Outerwear Pre-Filter for the Pro-Flow w/K&N filter? RMATV carries the Pro-Flow but NOT the Outerwear. The Outerwears website listed previously in this thread also doesn't have a part number for an Outerwear for the YFZ450.

Could those of you that are using an Outerwear with your K&N filter please tell me where you got the Outerwear?

Also, if I use the Pro-Flow setup with K&N and Outerwear would I leave the stock airbox on the quad or remove it entirely? I ride probably 80-90% of the time in the dunes.

Thanks for the sage advice/opinions.

:yfz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts