#1 ·
2005 450

Mods
full Dr D exhaust
Custom BBintake
14.1 piston
Cam mod
Vortex cdi
So I'm looking to get a little more out of it. Never been on the rollers but want to keep it as reliable as it's been if possible. These mods other than the vortex have been on it since 2007ish and it's been super reliable as a trail/drag quad.

With me running a 14.1 should I drop down to 12.1 and go 478 or just port head and do camshaft and leave it alone? I looked and couldn't really find anyone with my similar setup that has upgraded.

#5 ·
R u still runnin stock carb? Get it bored to 42.5 or the max that it can go which I think is 42.5.0 Makes a good bit difference
I am on stock carb. I did have the head ported by a local small shop 2 months ago but been so busy I haven't even tried it yet. The tech said the motor was still in excellent shape so I didn't bother doing a BBK. Who you recommend for the carb port?

#4 ·
If I was you and you have 2k laying around I would take it apart. Get a 480 bb with a a 13:1 piston, get the head ported (I recommend MMAD he is one of the best for the yfzs) plus 1 valves, and a drop in light speed. It would be a scary fast quad with those mods. I got all those done to my 07 and it’s way faster than just high comp piston and cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.