YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that almost everyone w/ his jet kit is using the blue needle. If I jet based on his instructions, I would use the red needle on 4th clip. I am in FL, at basically zero elevation, in very humid and hot conditions. He also suggests the 168 main for this altitude, and 170 for open exhaust and YZ cam timing. I am going to be running the stock silencer w/ baffle out (for a month or so before getting a pipe), I just performed the cam mod, and I'm pulling the air box lid. I suppose I will follow the JD instructions (red needle on 4th down, 168 main, and 45 pilot), unless someone suggests otherwise.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if :sucks . I know jetting topics can get old. In 2 months, pipe questions will get very old, just like on Z400Central.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I followed JD's recommendations and after a quick ride, WOW :eek . It's perfect. Such an insane improvement over stock. That was the first time I also hit WOT, which felt about as fast as my old KX 500 !! I was breaking it in until now :evilgrin

·
Registered
625 Posts
they get pretty violent when you start throwing some gas at them. I am at 200ft and I am running blue #3 with the mixture at 2.5, 45 pilot with a 168 main and a sparks pipe with the YZ cam and it is ungodly.
Isaac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts