YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,246 Posts
14-23 yfz’s are the same so all the parts will work, congrats on the new machine! Have you noticed the bog? I’d recommend your first mod to be a vortex ecu , address the clutch basket issue and then you can get nerfs. I like rath nerf bars they have some really nice oversized pegs
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
14-23 yfz’s are the same so all the parts will work, congrats on the new machine! Have you noticed the bog? I’d recommend your first mod to be a vortex ecu , address the clutch basket issue and then you can get nerfs. I like rath nerf bars they have some really nice oversized pegs View attachment 95510
I have not noticed the bog, yet. However, I may have ten minutes on the unit. Got home this evening and had to go to my daughters event.

So, the clutch basket and all is compatible as well?

· Registered
5,664 Posts
View attachment 95509 Anyone know of someone making some nerf bars? Needs some BAD! Any other Do’s or Dont’s? Lastly, from what I can tell Yamaha did not change the frame, or did they? If not 2022 bars should fit.

I like the F43 nerfs because they lower the peg height and give you a little more leg room to hug the tank when riding aggressively. All 1 1/8th fat bars will fit your 2023 YFZ450R.

· Registered
5,664 Posts
I have not noticed the bog, yet. However, I may have ten minutes on the unit. Got home this evening and had to go to my daughters event.

So, the clutch basket and all is compatible as well?

You could abuse the basket for years or you could have a catastrophic failure your first race. I find it interesting that Yamaha uses the same basket found in 14-23 YFZ450R models in the 2006-2023 Raptors without issues. When modified, the Raptor will throw down solid HP numbers throughout the curve. A lot raptor owners are running direct drive lockouts on top of having more power and still no issues. I think it's important to note the Raptor has a conventional clutch whereas the 14+ YFZ have a slipper. Also, when going down this rabbit hole you'll notice some older carb YFZ models came with the same design as the 14-23 YFZs and none of us back in the day went out of our way to swap them out. Make sure you purchase an OEM basket If you proceed with the clutch basket swap. .Unfortunately, Yamha doesn't sell the gear separately. None of the aftermarket clutch baskets (Wiseco, Rekluse, Hinson, etc) come with the gear.

· Registered
5,664 Posts
14-23 yfz’s are the same so all the parts will work, congrats on the new machine! Have you noticed the bog? I’d recommend your first mod to be a vortex ecu , address the clutch basket issue and then you can get nerfs. I like rath nerf bars they have some really nice oversized pegs View attachment 95510

Off topic, are those JSR heel guard nets?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts