YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just opened my package from trailtech.net and guess what. the damn cover for the steering stem wasnt included. SO i call them and they say its on backorder. i was in contact with tem 2 times last weeked discussing this setup. you would think they couldve told me then that it would take 3 weeks for them to come in. somewthing about re-tooling. this sux the big one. anyways. they where friendly about it u til they said that i had to call them back on occasion to see if it is in at which i repplyed. NO WAY!!!. i am not going to do your work for you. you will call me when it is in and ship it out ASAP. is that to much to ask??

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah. the clamp and titanium handlebar are sweet as can be!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I got the 1/2" rise set up along with the dashboard bracket and computer.. all very top notch products..

wasn't too worried about the black plastic steering stem being a few weeks from shipping..

Figured I would just give them a call in a few weeks..

I highly recommend their bars and clamp system.

What did you guys torque (lbs?) the clamp to?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Can anyone post any pictures of what they have from trail tech? I am interested in the 1 1/8 bars and the clamp with the logo, but kinda wanna see what it looks like installed. Thanks

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Originally posted by THE 450@Oct 9 2003, 07:54 PM
Can anyone post any pictures of what they have from trail tech? I am interested in the 1 1/8 bars and the clamp with the logo, but kinda wanna see what it looks like installed. Thanks
I already made one post I know but I thought of a few more questions. When I get some new bars, I want them to basically bolt on. I dont wanna have to worry about stretching all the cables, or not being able to use the same throttle or brake or clutch. I dont know if you use the 1 1/8 bars , if any of that will chane. Please could somebody recomend some good bars and a clamp for me. I am 6 foot so that may have a little roll in which bars to get. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Oct 9 2003, 08:03 PM
forgot to tell you guys, you get a discount from trail tech if you mention YFZcentral.com
now youtell me about the discount darn

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, you got the 1/2 risers? they told me i shouldnt get them becuase the front brakeline was to short to accmodate that rise? I am 6'4" and sure could've used that extra 1/2". BTW, th Titanium color sure looks BROWN to me or is it just me?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by seatec@Oct 10 2003, 11:40 AM
wow, you got the 1/2 risers? they told me i shouldnt get them becuase the front brakeline was to short to accmodate that rise? I am 6'4" and sure could've used that extra 1/2". BTW,  th Titanium color sure looks BROWN to me or is it just me?
I got the same bar and clamp. It does look brown.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I wish I'd known about the discount too - oh well. I got Trail tech's fatty bars (1 1/8") with the raised billet clamp with the logo. I used all the original cables and brake lines, but I'll admit the brake line from the master cylinder won't take much more stretching - it'll still work though. I"m 6'2" and really like the raised feel of the bars. Sorry the pic isn't that good, but you get the idea. $125 from cyclebuy.com, and yes, I'm waiting too for the plastic steering stem cover.

"tHE 450" - I can't attach the pic I have so I'm goign to email it to you.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you are missing the top half of the Trailtech clamp, can't you use the two gray top clamps that were already there? As long as your bottom trailtech clamp came with the longer bolts, and you still are using a 7/8" bar, I'd suspect you could use the OEM top clamps with the Trailtechbottom clamp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts