YFZ Central banner

Just got it today!!!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mustache Ride 
#1 ·
I got my YFZ450 last friday and already have broken it in with about 15 hours of easy use (it was hard as hell to :lol ) I ordered a GYTR jet kit and my Curtis Sparks pipe just got here today. It looks great!! Gonna take it to the dealership tomorrow and have the valves checked, oil changed, cam mod done, and the pipe and filter installed (my dad doesn't think I have the mechanical skills to install it :re ). All I have to say is that this thing is like riding a missile and is light years ahead of my Raptor. The only thing my Raptor would do better is go in reverse.... I am wondering how all you Sparks owners like your pipe and if you noticed a big gain in top-end horsepower. I am looking for mainly the top-end gain because the dunes here in Oklahoma like rpms it seems like :lol I know the ESR is a better pipe for top end but I have heard rumors about it stealing a little from the bottomend so...

:red

#2 ·
the sparks is a great pipe throughout the powerband. the power is primarily focused in the mid to upper rpm's, so it sounds like you have the perfect pipe for your needs. dont have the dealer install everything, its a waste. i gaurentee you it is simple. no sense dropping so much money to have a dealer do it.

#3 ·
The Sparks pipe is a nice pipe, although I have seen a few that have problems at the place where the header and the can join.

Now let me clear the ESR thing up; no it does not "steal" from the bottom, it just does not gain as much as some other pipes, but it does hella good in the high RPM's.

I noticed no lack of bottom with my ESR but alot more top that anyother pipe I have rideen, Sparks included.

#5 ·
Originally posted by BaTTerUp450@Feb 25 2004, 04:05 PM
i bet you are gettin annoyed huh pahrump
Naw....I understand how hearsay goes...

Not many people have the ESR pipe so if one person says something from wht they heard then its the gospel.

The thing is the gain is so great up on the top end that it kinda makes you "think" that you did not gain anything on the bottom. But I am here to tell you as a 220 lb fella that you do gain on the bottom with the ESR pipe.

#6 ·
i just order my curtis spark pipe too man !i choose it cause almost everyone said its the best pipe(or one of the best)for the yfz.huge power gain but still not sure how many hp it can deliver
does anyone know how hp the yfz can have with this pipe and jet kit and cam mod .also i would like to know how many kmh it will gain
thank you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.