YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a big build.. I was curious about gearing now, should I get a smaller front, back? What is each gonna do, I am just concerned with all out duning, maybe a bit more top speed, since it only did before like 65-70 MPH. Can I increase that without loosing too much bottom?

·
Registered
837 Posts
if you want to increase speed with out much loss on the bottom probably put 36 or 37 on the rear. considering you have stock gearing of 38. 3 teeth in the rear is the same as 1 tooth in the front. bigger in front more top speed, lower in rear more top speed

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Blackedyfz450 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744558
if you want to increase speed with out much loss on the bottom probably put 36 or 37 on the rear. considering you have stock gearing of 38. 3 teeth in the rear is the same as 1 tooth in the front. bigger in front more top speed, lower in rear more top speed[/b]
Sweet, the front one is cheaper.. like 15 bucks.. i think I will do that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
try ebay to, you can get them about about 25 bucks. rear is for fine tuning your gearing. i have recently bought a 13,14,15 front, 36,37,38,39,40,41,42 rears. i shoot up the hill a gearing is key to pulling hard the whole way..700ft

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
QUOTE (Mike669 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744559
Sweet, the front one is cheaper.. like 15 bucks.. i think I will do that.[/b]

Yes the front is alot cheaper but it may take away to much bottom end grunt that you seem to not want to loose. IMO a 37 or 38 rear is where I'd start, but you can try the 15 and see if you like it or not. It may work very well with your motor.

Also now that you dyno tuned it you can see on the graph at what rpm you make peak power and peak tq at and you can gear it for that as well.

Also lighter tires (they don't have to be light drag tires) will help you in the top end and grunt department in the sand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts