YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just tore apart and cleaned the carb. i also changed the plug and did the cam mod. my jets are as follows 168 main, 45 pilot, ncvq needle in the 4th groove, 50 leak jet, 2.25 turns out on the air screw. it turns over, but nothing. all i got was about two pops outa the pipe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A bit of over simplification, but...

There are three things that make a motor run. Fuel, Spark, Timing. Check that you are getting fuel at the carb (open carb drain screw), check that you are getting spark at the plug (crank with plug removed, look for spark).....check your cam timing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok it fired up it doesnt help its 30 deg here. i also changed to a billet fuel screw. i think this is where my prob is. i started to play with it and it fired. bunch of black smoke. but thats because ive been cranky it over for awhile and playin with the throttle. bumped choke to half way sounded good. choke off sounded insane. instant throttle response, no popping or backfire at all. lol got my blood pupming. but when i stop stabbing the throttle it stals like my old strokes did. i'm thinking there is something ascrew with the idle curcuit.i havent messed with carbs in a long time and those were harley's so please help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im throwing in the towelfor the day. i moved the needle back to the 3rd clip and set the fuel screw to 3 turns. same issues but not its poping out the pipe when i back off the throttle and get back on it. dang i miss my fuel inj. it was actually idleing then just died. i have to hold the throttle open to get it to fire. help please im going nuts lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noi didnt remove the slide just the needle. can i purchase all new seals(bowl carb top side cover etc)? this thing sat for a long time. my dumb fault for waiting to the week before i have a race to mess with it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You messed with the jetting, so your idle adjust is off. Adjust your idle until.......it idles. Black knob.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
QUOTE (demented_22 @ Feb 23 2009, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749989
noi didnt remove the slide just the needle. can i purchase all new seals(bowl carb top side cover etc)? this thing sat for a long time. my dumb fault for waiting to the week before i have a race to mess with it.[/b]
Sudco sells a complete seal kit for the FCR carb.
I'm sure Woodward or some other site sponsor can hook you up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (DADDIO @ Feb 23 2009, 06:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750005
Sudco sells a complete seal kit for the FCR carb.
I'm sure Woodward or some other site sponsor can hook you up.[/b]
ok thanks i'm gana rip off the carb tommarow morn. i anted to run a 48 pilot also but my local shop was out. they had a fifty. can i go to say a honda shop and get jets or seals? i kinda need this thing fixed asap. when i removed the top and side cover(to do the zip tie mod) there some kinda sealent or rtv on the seal surface. could be done fora quick fix? after this weekend i dont have a race till march 29th opening day outdoors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks to all the members. it was dumb fault being in a hurry. i moved the exhaust cam two teeth instead of one. it fired right up! woohoo. this was the first time i rode it. its nice. i can this once i get the jetting right it feels stronger than my ltr was. it has a small stumble right off idle. i did the zip tie mod already, i'm running a 45 pilot fuelscrew at 3 turns, my local shop didnt have a 48 but had a 50 is that too big? i'm not realy sure how to clean this up. like i said i had an ltr but the inj was nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts