YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for you guys. i just bought a set of +2 a arms for my 06 special edition yfz,well after i looked at the order form i hit the wrong button and they were +2 for a 05 yfz. do you guys think they will still work? i'm hoping cause i have waited for 2 weeks. i'm thinking that they will but i'm also thinking that they may not cause it's an 06. if they would work then why would they ask you what year they were for instead of just asking you what size you needed. i hope you understand what i'm tring to say. thanks for the help fellars.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea it should be fine. The i just got a sprocket that was for an 04 to 05 and it fit on my 07. And im pretty sure the ergos or measurements in the frame havent changed fomr 03 to 09, besides the YFZR lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
dont you need new tie rods anyways for longer arms?

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 13 2009, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746218
dont you need new tie rods anyways for longer arms?[/b]
Yes you do...

But the overall diameter of the '06 and up tie rod ends are bigger. So the '04-'05 tierod ends are gonna be to small for the +2 tie rods for a '06 and up.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Feb 13 2009, 05:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746217
tie rods are the only thing that are different....Arms will work just fine... 06 and above tie rods are bigger.[/b]
yep the tie rods are different between the two the 06 are a bigger tie rod and tie rod end. the end still has the same taper where they go into the spindle and the steering flag. you will prob have to get new ends or switch the tie rods which ever is cheeper

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
oh, i have an 03 dirtwheels with a YFZfirst test, mightve been a 04. i dunno lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts