YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When im jumping and i got the quad pretty much pinned in 3rd gear, the quad tends to pull sideways in the air. The back end kicks out to the right side, nothing outta control but it just seems wierd. If i jump slower or let off before the lip. the quad flies straight. All the tire pressure is the same and nothing looks wrong. IS this the way the yfz is or did i bend something? :O

anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I have this problem too. But it's my fault. When I jump I naturally turn the bars, and look over the front end causing the bike to whip out a little. I usually pull it back and land straight, but not always. If I concentrate I can jump it straight everytime. Maybe you have this same problem, and on smaller jumps you don't notice? Try concentrating on jumping straight ahead...... :) If it's not that then while concentrating you should notice something not feeling right, and be able to narrow down your problem from there

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that may be it....... i guess i never noticed on the ol 300.. :|

·
Registered
33 Posts
This has happend to me as well while jumping in the dunes with 10 paddle haulers. My quad always consistantly turns the same way also. I thought it might be due to my paddles not being perfectly perpendicular to one another, but I am not sure. My thinking is one paddle gets a better last bite right off the lip of the crest of the dune therefore one side of the bike gets pushed over just as it enters flight. This is just my therory.

This has however... costed me 4 weeks down time with a back injury due to landing sideways after a 4th gear WFO jump in the dunes at Silver Lake. :bawl

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think this thing has so much darn torque that if you are wot it just bites wierd..!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts