YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i just got my curtis sparks pipe and i got there jet kit and fileter kit with it and now im to the point to jetting the quad except i do not know what main i should run or where to put the needle clip i live in michigan and am going to mostly run it in the stummer i have never taken a carb apart on a 4-stroke before is it going to be hard on this carb since it is so hight tech? could yoiu please give me your suggestions thanks everyone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope there was no instructions on any of the parts i ordered from them at all so its all guess work so i thought id ask here thanks for the help though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got off the phen with curtis sparks and he said to run a 175 main and the clip half way down the needle withthe fuel screw 2.5 turns out what do u think? good ?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
All the jetting tips u need to know!!!
Check this site out man...Daddogrider put it together. Its awesome. U should have no problems jetting after u read all this and u should know exactly what to jet at. Daddogrider is who helped me get through all my jetting. He knows what hes talking about, so check it out. :lol :lol :yfz :yfz

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
this looks like it might fit ur jetting specs tho...
What if I add a really good pipe and a really good airfilter? You need to change the jets even more for even more power. I would say piot 45 Stock needle on #6 or Gytr needle on #4 and 175 main.
Hope all this helps. Oh yeah, and u dont need to take the carb apart to jet. If ur just changing the main and pilot, just rootate the carb like in the pics and take out the hex plug at the bottom. To much hassle to take out that carb. Keep it simple man.
:lol :lol :lol :yfz :yfz

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks to the good guys on this site and all thier input I got it spot on in one try!

HMF pipe / air-box lid off / 2500' elevation

175 main 45 pilot 2-1/4 turns and stock needle no change

No popping, easy starting, and raped ape acceleration. :lol

Will I need to make any changes to go to Yuma this Thanksgivning? I am buying a GYTR needle for it this week.

What is the elevation there and does anyone have a good setup that works there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts