YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys i know i've been posting alot of jetting topics but here is my story.

i have a full hmf exhaust,cam mod, alum airbox w filter. no lid

ok i first jetted my quad with a 175 main,45 pilot,11/2 turns and gyt-r needle 4th. it ran good but a little popping. so i went with a 180 main,48 pilot,2 turns,4th clip. ran ok. so i went with a 180 main 50 pilot,4th clip,2 turns, rain ok but plug was always black.

ok today i thought i would mess around with it and after seeing what everybody else jetted i thought i would try one of them. so i went with a 175 main,48 pilot,2 turns, 4th clip. it ran awesome. i was lifting the front wheels off the ground in first on paved roads. really felt the difference with the mods done. but now i have one problem. even though the quad ran great and idled great i parked it in the garage and figure i would check the plug. i took the plug out and (damn) it was black. so my question is??? is it my main to high b/c i have tons of main jetts i can change. i can't believe it black even though it ran great. alright guys is it my main?? let me know please

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Did you put a new plug in before you re jetted the last time? If it is the same plug from your other jets then of course it is still going to be black. The plug is I guess you could say staind black from riding it before. Getting the right jetting will not change the plugs color from black to brown. You have to put in a new plug everytime you re jet to see if it is jetted right. You did not say weather you put in a new plug so I am assuming you did not.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i put a new plug in everytime. the temp is about 30's and 40's. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by tmm403@Feb 10 2004, 09:50 PM
hello guys i know i've been posting alot of jetting topics but here is my story.

i have a full hmf exhaust,cam mod, alum airbox w filter. no lid

ok i first jetted my quad with a 175 main,45 pilot,11/2 turns and gyt-r needle 4th. it ran good but a little popping. so i went with a 180 main,48 pilot,2 turns,4th clip. ran ok. so i went with a 180 main 50 pilot,4th clip,2 turns, rain ok but plug was always black.

ok today i thought i would mess around with it and after seeing what everybody else jetted i thought i would try one of them. so i went with a 175 main,48 pilot,2 turns, 4th clip. it ran awesome. i was lifting the front wheels off the ground in first on paved roads. really felt the difference with the mods done. but now i have one problem. even though the quad ran great and idled great i parked it in the garage and figure i would check the plug. i took the plug out and (damn) it was black. so my question is??? is it my main to high b/c i have tons of main jetts i can change. i can't believe it black even though it ran great. alright guys is it my main?? let me know please
Interesting you discovered the same thing we discovered. We ran higher jets, took the flak, and kept driving really FAST>.

We still run rich and we're still fast :lol

Too rich will loose power, I am talking about the point where you KNOW you get the most power, when you hit that pint, forget about the plug.

You have just nailed your jetting..

There is a point when you get max power, and you are running a tad rich

jet so you run best, however the wheels lift the best.

Way to go, you found it on your own.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do i have to do to to not have to put a new plug in everytime? please help me

·
Registered
634 Posts
why do you have to put a new plug in? If you are fouling plugs you are too rich.

as long as it runs leave it in .. if it fouls up you have to go down on the jetting.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go down on what jetting??? the main,,what?? pleae tell me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts