YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new YFZ I think I am pretty knowledgeable but a little confused by info given to me. I put on a Pro Design Pro-Flow Kit and K&N Filter are box lid on no mods to airbox. LRD complete exhaust system.

LRD gave me these specs - Pilot 58, Main 178, Needle clip #7 air screw 2 turns this is for airbox lid off. They said with it on - P 58, M 170 N/C #7 Air 1 Turn will be close. These seem a little rich to me. I live in Ohio around 1200 ft. Thanks for your help. I have not started the jetting process yet I want to be close before I start.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The main sounds close but that pilot is way off, you probable need a 45, MAYBE a 48 at the most!! The needle you just have to play with, I would start in the middle.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Man you are gonna be rich and have bed bottom end I think.

Try a 45 maybe 48 pilot, 170/172 main NCVQ needle on the 4th or 5th clip and 2-2.5 turns out on the screw depending on a 45 or 48 pilot.

I bet you will be very close.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Yep sounds about right. Oh, and listen to whatever Pharump says. He has helped me, so I'm sure he will help you. If it helps any this is what I run.

HMF muffler
FMF powerbomb header
airbox lid off

48 pilot
170 main
stock needle in the 5th position
2 turns out.

I'm about your elevation(0-1500 ft) but in warm weather.

My bike runs like a dream. Great power through the throttle. If you let off the throttle and it backfires a lot, you are most likely lean. After you rejet I would just ride a bit then pull you plug. You should be able to tell by that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
With the air lid on I would not use anything but the 45 pilot. Just my $.02. Stock needle 5th should be plenty or NCVQ on the 4th. The air lid is pretty restrictive. I also think there was an error on what he said or what you heard. I think it was suppose to be 48 not 58. Any one who knows anything would not tell you 58 P. :rock

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am running an HMF full exhaust system... 170 main... NVCQ needle on the 4th clip... 48 pilot..... and lid removed with 2 turns on the mixture screw!! It is insane and I can't wait until I do the cam mod!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts