YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock yfz with the baffle removed. I am planning on doing the cam mod and removing the air box lid. I am unsure of the elevation i am at. I ride all over the state of kentucky. Thanks for the help. :D :D :yfz

·
Registered
213 Posts
I DONT KNOW YOUR JETTING SPECKS BUT I HAVE HEARD IT IS KINDA POINTLESS TO DO THE CAM MOD WITHOUT AN EXHAUST I COULD BE WRONG CAUSE I DID BOTH AT ONCE

·
Registered
503 Posts
i did the cam mod and pulled the air lid and jetted in one step with no pipe, and it's a HUGE difference. you don't have to be piped to do the cam-mod. you would probably be better off to do it before hand just so you know how big of a difference your pipe makes when you add it later.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size jets should i use and what setting should U place the stock needle on. :sup

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did the cam mod and removed the air box lid. Went with a 168 main and moved the needle to the fifth clip. The guy at the dealership is a jackass he gave me the wrong pilot jet it is for a diffrent carb. Is this gonna hurt anything. Plan on getting the right one asap. :angry

·
Registered
865 Posts
where in ky do you live? im in louisville and need some people to ride with..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iam in northern kentucky kinda close to covington in taylormill if you know were that is. We are always looking for a place to ride and someone to ride with. :O :sup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts