YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I still have the baffle in, but don't think the jetting is changed with it in or out.

I am currently at Pilot 45/Main 165, Zip-Ty Mixture screw @ 2.5 turns with the Lid OFF and it runs good in Glamis, Gorman, and Dumont.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
according to all of the jetting guru's I have talked to you should jet straight from the factory. without baffle and lid you should probably go about 165 with 45 pilot at sea level. Or atleast thats what I was suggested when I asked.

Pm pahrump on jetting help and he also sells jet kits as well. He helped me ALOT!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm at 80 feet and ran the same mods - baffle removed/no lid with a 165 main, 45 pilot. You should have no problems.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wat is the stock Jetting? And what about if you dont take the lid off and just the baffleout at sea level?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Originally posted by MXCOP@Apr 6 2004, 06:02 PM
I'm at 80 feet and ran the same mods - baffle removed/no lid with a 165 main, 45 pilot. You should have no problems.
what u done with neddle and the fuel screw???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by TopGunYFZ450@Apr 6 2004, 10:29 AM
Wat is the stock Jetting? And what about if you dont take the lid off and just the baffleout at sea level?
Stock is a 158 main, 42 pilot. If you just remove the baffle and leave the lid on then you are allowing the motor to exhale but starving it for air. Take the lid off unless you are riding in deep water. If you are riding in dusty condition or behind someone clean your air filter more often (2 rides). Outerwear or someone like them makes a product that attaches by velcro to the top of the airbox and helps filter out the dirt. I have hit some soupy mud pretty hard and it got into the airbox but it beaded up when it hit the filter and I just removed the airbox drain cover to let the rest out. Nothing got through to the inside of the filter. If you are running a K&N then that is a different story. I don't know how water/mudd affect them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450prince+Apr 6 2004, 09:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yfz450prince @ Apr 6 2004, 09:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--MXCOP@Apr 6 2004, 06:02 PM
I'm at 80 feet and ran the same mods - baffle removed/no lid with a 165 main, 45 pilot.  You should have no problems.
what u done with neddle and the fuel screw???[/b][/quote]
Needle clip in the 5 position and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. I was running a 168 main instead of the 165 i posted earlier. Since I got the full HMF system I had to start all of this over again. Here is the best jetting guide and carb info I have found. All of the guys I ride with have followed the Dog Riders advice and it has been correct.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Would you still use the 165 if you drill some holes in the rear plate? If not how many holes and what size to put in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by TopGunYFZ450@Apr 7 2004, 11:07 AM
Would you still use the 165 if you drill some holes in the rear plate? If not how many holes and what size to put in?
What are you referring to as the rear plate?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
if you look into the end of ur sotck muffler with the baffle out u can see there is like an inner core that is sealed and has two tiny ports to let exhaust flow youll see the back of that core thing there is a plate just behind those two ports i think i heard of people drilling some holes in that also?? You understand it may be confusing?

·
Registered
231 Posts
HEy does anyone kno how i can find out how high iam above sea level. i live in central new jersey if tht helps.
thanx

FiZzAL :red :ihit

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
;) you should be able to access a website of your town or one close by, find local government, locate "about" (name of town here). An example for me is Vancouver WA, about Vancouver.
Then it will give details as to population, elevation, crime statistics, blah blah.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
First of all, to find out your elevation call a local airport. My bike is stock with the baffel removed and lid off. I have a 168 main, a 45 pilot, and am using the yz needle in the 4th clip position. I checked it this weekend, and I'm still lean. Plug is somewhat white, still. And I'm at about 1200 ft. I think I'm gonna go up 2 sizes and see what happens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts