YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an HMF full system with lid on at 900 ft. I used the JD Jet kit with a 170 main, 45 pilot, blue needle in third postion, and fuel screw at 2 1/4 turns. Everything seems to be perfect except if its idling for about a minute it wants to stall or if you stall it and try to restart it doesn't want to start without giving it gas. Do i need to play with the fuel screw or is it something else?

·
Registered
625 Posts
try the red needle on the 4th clip. I have had this same issue and I cannot solve it. The red needle is pretty much the same as the NCVQ needle that comes out of the bike.

·
Registered
625 Posts
jamie, are you using the blue needle or the red needle? Have done any cam work? How does it start when it is hot?
Isaac

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had similar problem after cam mod - with gytrjet kit needle third clip, 165 main, 45 pilot. i ended upturnig air screw out to three turns and it starts great, ialso turned idle up a bit and i found if i make sure to not give it any gas during starting period and it works great hope this helps, i am at about sea level by the way, i think you are a little rich on the air screw is all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts