YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm in jersey and the weather is cold. was wondering what jetting should i use? i have a hmf full exhaust,alum airbox w lid, cam mod. i started out with a 175 main, 45 pilot jet, and 2 turns out on air screw, yzf needle 5th clip. its starts ok but then stalls. backfires a little but not to bad. also when i let it idle and i give it some gas it stalls immediately. i'm think maybe to much turns on the air screw. don't know . please help??? thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm in iowa and its cold here to. The only thing I did with mine was go up one size in the main jet. My mixture screw is 2 1/2 turns out and I run a 48 pilot with a 168 main jet and a dyno jet needle on the 5th clip. When it gets warm out I'll go back to 165 main needle on the 4th clip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:moose I live in eastern Canada and man its cold this winter. At -15 on our scale I have no problems anywhere, starting or too lean. Plug dark sandy brown with 165 main, needle 5th position and pilot at 2and 3 quarter turns. :yfz

·
Registered
8 Posts
:moose I live in eastern Canada and man its cold this winter. At -15 on our scale I have no problems anywhere, starting or too lean. Plug dark sandy brown with 165 main, needle 5th position and pilot at 2and 3 quarter turns. :yfz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts