YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have the full hmf pipe and runnin with no lid. Before i had my pipe my jetting specs were 165 mj, 45p. Now everytime i gun my throttle it bogs down and a spark shot out of my pipe. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MY JETTING SPECS SHOULD BE!.....also i live in maine and im about 550ft from sea level......ohh yah and u tel me where the mixture screw is>??

·
Registered
503 Posts
i would try a 170 main with the 45 pilot and change your needle settings. are you running stock, gyt-r, jd? gyt-r or jd, try the 5th clip position. on the bottom of the carb where you put the main and pilot, if you look just to the left of the main screw where the main is you will see a small hole in the carb. the air/fuel mixture screw is inside. need a small flat tip screwdriver to get inside. screw it all the way in then back it out 2 1/2 turns

·
Registered
97 Posts
HMF's recommendations are based on the stock needle. Get a JD jet kit and run the blue needle w/ the clip on third position, 170 main, and 45 pilot. Also 2.5 turns out on air screw.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i was quoting what i'm running based off of the james dean kit. i'm on an island so relatively right at sea level. it's humid here and gets hot during the summer, although it's in teh 70s right now. i'm running the 45, 168 at 2.5 turns out on the 4th clip with red needle. i'm going up to the 170 and 5th slot when i pipe it. it runs great for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts