YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i have a stock 07 yfz with no airbox and a intake with a k&n filter. I live in dallas. What jets should i use and what needle and setting should it be on? please help me if you can. thks alot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go ahead and take the baffle out of your pipe. 3 allen head bolts and it comes right out. Stock is 155/42/non-adjustable needle (atleast in the earlier models).

Buy an NCVQ needle - it comes with a C clip that's adjustable, put that on the 3rd clip from the top. If you don't have an adjustable air/fuel screw, buy a billet screw as well - install that, turn it all the way in, and back it out 2 full turns.

Throw a 165 main and a 48 pilot in there. You should be fairly close. If when you RIDE IT (dont go by neutral rev) it backfires/pops on decel, richen your pilot. If you have bad top end response, ie. sluggish, doesn't want to rev out, drop the clip on your needle (when adjusting it, the top is the flat end, bivel down (pointy end)). If you get near to the 6th clip position (think it has 7), go ahead and richen your main 2-3 sizes and put the clip back on the 3rd position. May end up with a 168-170 depending on temp/humidity/elevation.

Other than that, good luck. Will get you in the ball park.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (yfzpurgatory @ Mar 1 2009, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752501
Go ahead and take the baffle out of your pipe. 3 allen head bolts and it comes right out. Stock is 155/42/non-adjustable needle (atleast in the earlier models).

Buy an NCVQ needle - it comes with a C clip that's adjustable, put that on the 3rd clip from the top. If you don't have an adjustable air/fuel screw, buy a billet screw as well - install that, turn it all the way in, and back it out 2 full turns.

Throw a 165 main and a 48 pilot in there. You should be fairly close. If when you RIDE IT (dont go by neutral rev) it backfires/pops on decel, richen your pilot. If you have bad top end response, ie. sluggish, doesn't want to rev out, drop the clip on your needle (when adjusting it, the top is the flat end, bivel down (pointy end)). If you get near to the 6th clip position (think it has 7), go ahead and richen your main 2-3 sizes and put the clip back on the 3rd position. May end up with a 168-170 depending on temp/humidity/elevation.

Other than that, good luck. Will get you in the ball park.[/b]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts