YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yfz I just put on a gytr slip on aluminum pipe and I installed the k&n air filter with the gytr adaptor kit. I still have my lid on but i cut the spout going into the air box off and i put 4 quarter size holes in the top of the lid. My question is shouldnt I need to jet my bike or can i get away with just tuning my fuel screw?? Just wondering b/c I had my bike put in the shop and thats all they did to it. They did not jet it and I thought they would have to. Just so ya'll know my bike runs like w00ter. I'm taking it back in so they can jet it b/c i'm sure thats what it needs. ANY SUGGESTIONS????? Does anyone else have just those two mods done on the yfz???

·
Registered
556 Posts
First off,

Welcome to YFZ Central!

Secondly, the information you seek has been covered dozens of times on this site. Learning to use the search tool is invaluable.

The YFZ is in need of a re-jet in stock form. That's right, it comes off the showroom floor running very lean. So, when you increase airflow even more, it becomes very important that you re-jet, or you risk doing damage to the engine.

There's a sticky on the top of this forum, and there is a ton of good info on jetting on this site.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I would recommend changing the stock jetting immediately before riding it anymore with the mods you have mentioned.

You need to get yourself a GYT-R (YZ) needle or JD needle kit and a 45 pilot with some mains in the range of 162 to 175. Start rich and work your way down till it runs without any sputtering.. 4th clip on the YZ needle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts