YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I installed my ESR pipe and airbox eliminator but I'm worried about the jetting for Dumont which is where I mostly ride.

A friend who also runs the ESR pipe and airbox eliminator said to go with a 178 main, and a 45 pilot while putting the air/fuel screw at 2 3/4 turns out....

ESR Recommends 178main and 48pilot with 2 turns out on the air/fuel screw....which my friend said I would be running rich at Dumont with....

Since the parts desk at my local Yamaha dealer are retards and gave me the wrong 45pilot jet, I went with the 48....and 2 1/2 turns out on the air/fuel screw...

The only other thing that may affect this is that I also installed the ncvq needle tonight on the 4th clip down....

I'm a newbie to all this so any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind on this....just realized i'll have time tonight to go pick up the 45pilot tonight to take care of my problem :clap:

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Im running 175 MJ, 45 PJ and 4th clip NVCQ

Mods : ESR Pro Series, ESR intake, Cam mod

Ride at Dumont and runs good, slight pop on decel, but adjust the airscrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by MTXracer36@Dec 9 2005, 04:16 PM
Im running 175 MJ, 45 PJ and 4th clip NVCQ

Mods : ESR Pro Series, ESR intake, Cam mod

Ride at Dumont and runs good, slight pop on decel, but adjust the airscrew
[snapback]336798[/snapback]​
that's exactly what my buddy told me to run...with the airscrew 2 3/4 turns out...so that's what i'm gonna do

mind telling me where you set yours??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by VegasJones@Dec 9 2005, 04:11 PM
that's exactly what my buddy told me to run...with the airscrew 2 3/4 turns out...so that's what i'm gonna do

mind telling me where you set yours??
[snapback]336842[/snapback]​

i have an 06 with the esr air box kit drag pipe and advantage adjustable air box with the 470 kit but when i jetted it at a 178 main jet and a 48 pilot jet and two screws on the mixture screw it ran like w00ter and then i went to a 172 main jet 48 pilot jet and the needle at the second clip from the bottom it ran the best at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts