YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend dropped his YFZ off at my house, he got a new LRD pipe, K&N filter with the lid off and Cam Mod

Starting the bike and leaving it at idle within 3 minutes the head pipe is glowing red.

Im not talking about the glowing red where if you turn the light off you can kinda see a cherry color at the front of the motor, Im talking a good 10 inches of headpipe a bright orange that you can see in daylight without revving the engine. :O

So IM guessing he's a bit lean :)

Currently has a 45 pilot, JD Needle on the 5th clip and a 170 main.

No idea on the airscrew which is what Im going to adjust next, I just need someone to point out where it is. In the bowl next to the pilot jet?

Also, does a clockwise turn of the jet richen or lean the bike?

Thanks for all your help, enjoy your velentines day.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You are on the right track.

The mixture screw is up in the hole in front of the removable bowl cap on the bottom of the carb.
You need a tiny screwdriver and a flashlight , and probably will need to rotate the carburetor to get to it.

Counter clockwise will richen the idle mixture.

More mixture screw info and pictures here > http://www.eskimo.com/~daddog/

And a happy Valentines day to ya too.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Your jetting does not sound that off to be that lean. Only way to find out is check the spark plugs and trial and error. Here is where the Mixture screw is so you can find it a bit easier. The red knob is where its located at.

Clockwise leans it out, Counter Clock wise will richen it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts