YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of threads regarding bogging and backfiring on here, and there's been a lot of helpful mods and jetting info.
Here's my mods, and my riding is either here at the dunes (sea level) or trails @about 1000-1500ft.
04 450
ESR intake
Dasa full exhaust
Cam mod
Zip tie mod
TPS mod
Leak jet closed (but can get #35 if necessary)
170 main
48 pilot
NCQV 3rd clip
A/F screw out 2 1/4 turns

Bog is 95% gone.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regarding leak jet being closed...I read several threads about bogging from senior members that suggested plugging leak jet hole with a cap screw, and turning a/f screw in a 1/4 turn to compensate for it being a little richer...
Thoughts...?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Try a 45 pilot,your 48p is to big IMO,I would throw a #35 leak jet in there as well,also look into possibly upgrading to a boysen quickshot for your carb,biggest piece of advise is get rid of that ESR intake and buy a FCI,your choking your motor with that thing on there.also check your zip,tie mod,if you used a actual zip tie,they can "stretch" or "loosen" up over time and allow lag/bogging,if that's the case use mechanics wire if you haven't already

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the carb again today and replaced the pilot with a 45. Looking into a new intake. This one came with the bike. It also had an ESR exhaust, but I immediately replaced it with the Dasa. Zip tie mod is with wire. I'd love to had a Boysen quick shot...100 is outta my range right now tho...
Did the cam mod this morning...
Going out tomorrow to ride... Looking forward to a little difference in acceleration...
Thanks Buckwild

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I pulled the carb again today and replaced the pilot with a 45. Looking into a new intake. This one came with the bike. It also had an ESR exhaust, but I immediately replaced it with the Dasa. Zip tie mod is with wire. I'd love to had a Boysen quick shot...100 is outta my range right now tho...
Did the cam mod this morning...
Going out tomorrow to ride... Looking forward to a little difference in acceleration...
Thanks Buckwild
No worries,hopefully that helps your bog issue,just try little things at a time until it's as smooth of power as ya want it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it out today and ran it for a bit...
Un.fkn.believable how different this machine ran...!!!
172 main 45 pilot 3rd clip on NQVC 2.25 turns out on a/f screw.
Idles beautifully
1/8-1/4 throttle excellent
1/4-1/2 is wanting fuel
1/2-wot is insane

GPS @ 62.6mph
And the power curve is unreal

Going to put clip down to 4th. Should be perfect.
It's awesome how, after reading countless threads on jetting and tuning, that I can get on the bike, go thru the gears, and know exactly what's needs adjustment just by the feel...
This site has been instrumental in teaching me how to make this bike perform at its best.
Thanks to everyone that posts these threads and shares info.

Putting on paddles and taking it out to the Pismo dunes this afternoon to test again. This mornings run was out in the hills on trails...
What an awesome day!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.