YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 165main and 45 pilot in right now and was wondering if I should be getting one of the jet kits available? They are supposed to come with an additional needle but not really sure what that buys me. Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
well you can get the whole jet kit for the needle but i dont think the main jets go up very high in that kit. I am selling the new needle on ebay it elimnates the pop in the motor, i beleive it is actualy a yZF dirtbike needle, i ordered them from 3 different places because everyone said theyy were backordered so i ended up getting extras, they help alot thouh

for the main jets, i would ask on here what you should be running for your setup then just buy the individual jets you need, much cheaper

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
you got a link to that auction

·
Registered
85 Posts
not worth it, get the individual jets....

needle is $11, main is $3, and pilot is $6

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are not good at jetting, it is probably worth it because the kits (like FMF's Power-up or Dyno-jets kits) are basically "Jetting for Dummies" where you follow thru and see what mods you have and it gets your jetting really close.

If you know what you are doing in jetting, it's not worth the money as your existing jets and a new needle will get you there too.

It all boils down to the amount of knowledge you have on the subject to see if it is worth it or not.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by smith@Sep 23 2003, 08:16 AM
If you are not good at jetting, it is probably worth it because the kits (like FMF's Power-up or Dyno-jets kits) are basically "Jetting for Dummies" where you follow thru and see what mods you have and it gets your jetting really close.

If you know what you are doing in jetting, it's not worth the money as your existing jets and a new needle will get you there too.

It all boils down to the amount of knowledge you have on the subject to see if it is worth it or not.
With all the info on this board and others you do not have to be an expert.

I just did the cam mod, took the lid off and removed the baffle. I did what everyone else said to 168 main, 45 pilot, and moved the clip down 2 positions (5th)

The quad now runs like a scalded A$$ APE. I swear it added atleast 5HP all over and probably more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts