YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some 20x11x10 Sandstars from RMATV. I'm wondering if this is right...

the wheels stick out farther than the tires do. I realize with low profile tires there's not much of a sidewall bulge, but this looks kind of weird. They seem to be seated fine though. Anyone else have this happen with theirs?

- Scott

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by kramertech@Jan 22 2004, 05:11 PM
So I got some 20x11x10 Sandstars from RMATV. I'm wondering if this is right...

the wheels stick out farther than the tires do. I realize with low profile tires there's not much of a sidewall bulge, but this looks kind of weird. They seem to be seated fine though. Anyone else have this happen with theirs?

- Scott
dont have much sand in cleveland :angry

·
Registered
556 Posts
RMATV sent my skat-trak's on 10x9 wheels. Mine look kinda wide too. I'm not worried about it, because they don't look that bad, and I don't worry about dinging them in the sand.

I always figured 10x8 was the way to go... :what

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like you got a 10" wide wheel, which is ok if your just dragging. If you plan on doing any jumping you will bend your beads. Trust me I know from experience. I will never get 10" wide wheels again. the best set up is a 10x8

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Sand Skate II's with wide rims like that, I have been using them for 1 1/2 years now and do everything in the dunes, no trouble yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the ITP Sand Stars (AT 20 X 11-10L) mounted on ITP Baja T-9 rims (10 x 8) and yes, the rim is proud of the tire a little. I have np problems with mine, although I have only been to the dunes one time with them. They worked great!!!!!!

PH :rock

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a tire/wheel combo and the wheels are 10x9 Douglas Black Labels (.160). Maybe I'll head over to Chaparral and have them swap the wheels out for 10x8's.

- Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just re-measured the wheels - 11 x 9 7/8". At first I thought they had given me 10x10's, but now I'm wondering if they are 10x9's. Do wheels usually measure an extra inch on the outside? Anyone feel like measuring their wheels to see if I have the right ones or not? And why the hell do they call the tires 20x11x10 when they are only like 9 1/2" wide?

- Scott

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you used their website to order the wheel/tire combo, I'm pretty sure they gave you 10x9 wheels.

In fact, if you order a set for the YFZ, and put it in your cart, this is what it looks like:

Sand Star-rear 22x11x10 on Douglas Aluminum .160 $173.99
[KIT] Sand Star-rear 22x11x10 L/H
[KIT] Sand Star-rear 22x11x10 R/H
[KIT] 4/115_10X9_3+6_.160 Douglas wheel

It looks like a 10x9 wheel, 4x115 bolt pattern, 3 inch backspacing, .160 thickness.

Also, tire sidewall widths vary depending on what size wheel you put them on. It might say 10" wide, but it all depends on the wheel width when mounted. Narrower wheels will cause the tire to bulge out more.

Wheel measurements should be made from the inside of the wheel, where the bead of the tire meets the rim. Measuring the lip isn't that accurate.

Anyway, they sent you 9 inch wide wheels. I was a bit surprised too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts