ITP HoleShot XCR Vs Maxxis Razr2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which tires are better in your opinion. Please explain the reason behind your choice.
I always ran holeshot xcr's for trail riding but i'm considering the maxxis razr2's

·
Registered
70 Posts
IMO both are good tires however overpriced due to name brand. I would suggest looking into other tires that will run just as well but wont cost an arm and a leg. CST, GBC, just do some research.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The original RAZR for the rear is better overall than both of those IMO. Razr 2 rears are too aggressive, but for the fronts they are great!

GBC would be my next choice of tires other than the maxxis. ITP tires are still great, just prefer the maxxis. By the way, I have ran both, ITP and Maxxis, and prefer the maxxis.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the itp's on my raptor and they hook up great!!! They have worn down faster than I would have guessed tho

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the itp's on my raptor and they hook up great!!! They have worn down faster than I would have guessed tho
Im running the ITP holeshot HD on my yfz now and boy are they wearing out fast, I have had the same set on my rappy and they lasted 5 years! im only half way thru the season on my yfz and they are about 50-60% tread left

·
Registered
439 Posts
Maxxis Razr XC are the best tire I've run, and I've had Holeshot HDs and Razr IIs, fronts Kenda Klaw xc are real good for half the price of the razr IIs

·
Registered
265 Posts
I will be trying out the Razr XC's when my Razr's wear out.

I've never run the Razr 2, but I also had a set of the XCR's on my Raptor. Very good tire. Hooked up great and slid when I wanted it to. They did wear very fast however.

You also may want to consider the ITP GNCC's. They are more aggressive than the xcr, but less aggressive than the Razr 2.

·
Registered
864 Posts
maxxis are pretty much the best. but the price isn't the best. I get a full season out of them. as for the GBC I get 1/2 to 3/4 of a season depending on the races.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The tread pattern on the gold speed mxr xc is identical to the Douglas xc v2 tires, the gold speeds measure right at 19" and Douglas xc v2 measure right at 20

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback guys. good stuff keep it coming!
I'm leaning towards the maxxis tire but not sure what pattern yet. maybe the XC now that i see them, or the razr in the rear n the razr2 in front as someone mentioned the rears do look too aggressive on the razr2.

·
Registered
964 Posts
RAZR XCs wear out a lot faster than regular razrs or RAZR 2s.
If price doesn't matter then razr2/razr.
For a cheap set of good tires then x rex front/race rex rears.
Or if you want something similar to holeshot gnccs but last longer then look into DWT XC V2.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use Maxxis Razr2's for all types of riding. Trails and dunes mostly and they perform awesome. But if you go with razr2's run a low pressure like 5-10psi or you will be slicing tires beyond repair every ride, and that gets very expensive very fast. (personal experience)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I mainly ride trails and the occasional track but I really like my kenda cutter xc's I don't see many people on here using them but I got a good deal on my set from my dealer and they are showing hardly any wear after 10 hrs of riding. They hook up really good and feel great cornering compared to stock. That's my experience

·
Registered
211 Posts
ive rocked the ITP XCR they were really good i liked them on the power lines with the rocks, switched to ITP HDs they wore out way to fast due to the softer compound i think, i finally just bought GBCs kinda ballon-E but they are jamming in the muddy conditions!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i'm looking for something to trail ride, hard-pack hills w rock, n for when go to ocotillo. i have paddles for the dunes. I don't want a super fast wearing tire so i'm torn between razr or razr2's or a combo of the two, razr rear/razr2 front. The 2's are SO much more expensive tho. geez!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm used to buying sportbike race tires that last a weekend so these tires aren't to badly priced! My yfz I just got still has the stock tires. Lol time for some new ones. Trying to go to ocotillo soon!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts