YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are quite a few people out there with Protaper fat bars (I am using the CR hi bend btw)... I'm just curious if you have issues with the smaller amount of straight bar to mount your controls on the right side. The left side is fine, plenty of room but the right side is a problem especially with the addition of handguards (the brake resevoir and throttle unit take up alot of space).

The problem ends up being that my brake lever perch ends up mounting slightly on a curved portion of the bar which angles the lever up. not only does this present a problem with how you reach and hold the lever but it conflicts with the way my acerbis mx flag hand guards mount up. I ended up having to adjust the lever to its closest setting to the grip to be able to mount my handguards appropriately. But even without the hand guards the issue with the angled up brake lever is there.

Just curious if anyone has run into this or maybe even come up with some solutions.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yeah, just finished my stem this weekend. And while mounting the bars, noticed that it does get a little cramped over there. I don't run handguards, so I have a little more room than you.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Exactly the point the guy from trailtech was making. He says, and i know from experiance that he is right, that the X-Bars dont have that problem the way they are bent. just and FYI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts