YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a 2014 yfz 450r and its awsome and apart from the issue im about to mention it runs and drivers perfect, tons of power but for some reason when i go to set off i seem to be stalling it alot now ive tried a number of things i.e letting the clutch fully out to start rolling then using the throttle or using the clutch and throttle together in sync and most times it will stall when i press the throttle, now if i stab the throttle it will set off fine but doing that lifts the front end and they i have no steering which isnt usable on the roads in the uk
It seems to be the first portion of the throttle makes it stall rather than move.
Just to mention ive got a 700 raptor too and have owned loads of other quads so its not me that cant drive ")

Is there anything simple it could possible be as im stumped ive tried adjusting the throttle cable and it doent seem to make a difference once its moving in first its fine throughout the rest of gears

The only engine mod is a doma exhaust system and its recently had a new piston (previous owner)

Cheers for any advice or help guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im from the uk and googles telling me im 29 meters above sea level i dunno if thats a good or bad thing 😅 on a side not would a better intake be worth getting to finish off as its got all the other extras and is the x10 setting on number 3 ok?

I massively appreciate your help can i add

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah try 5 6 7 map 9 and look into an intake fuel customs is one of the best. Keep lid off for now. If it still having trouble possible issue with something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive just been messing and where as my other quads i can let the clutch out slowly and it will roll under its own steam with no throttle but with this if i let the clutch out even gradually it stalls, im not sure if thats something?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ive just been messing and where as my other quads i can let the clutch out slowly and it will roll under its own steam with no throttle but with this if i let the clutch out even gradually it stalls, im not sure if thats something?
Well yfz are not very torquey. they flame out pretty easy at low rpm. It's motor is designed to like higher rpm. Where a raptor is designed to love lower rpm and chug up hills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea i get that mate but its so hard to set off without stalling but once im moving its fine even if i slow down to a near stop then throttle again its fine its just that initial move from stood to rolling that troubles me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi there so ive done afew miles of testing and the setting off issue is certainly getting there im not struggling as much at all the only thing i did notice with the new settings is when im sat at traffic lights ect the engine is that hot its burning my legs so is that a sign of too lean from what ive been reading and im intrested to know does going with higher number on on the h m and l represent more fuel or less?

😊

·
Registered
242 Posts
Number 5 is stock fuel ever one you go up form there is +5% so 6 is +5. 7 is +10 and so on. I will say your in the ball park these quads will get hot when sitting still if you care a ton take it to a Dyno and they can make it perfect

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont mind if its hot i was just worried incase it was a bad thing but it its ok then il leave it as is i think

I massively appreciate all the help youve given me over the last few days bud 👍

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I think the fan comes on at like 210 then you should be worried about getting the thing shut off or on the wind. And I know all yfz owners hate that the fan comes on late like that but that's how it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts