YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bent my left tie rod at the dunes and i took it to the dealer and they said that this is not a warranty issue.

i say thats bull$hit! the product failed and they should replace it right?

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
76 Posts
No its not and shouldnt be.
If it had broken when you were sitting on the machine and jumping up and down making vroom vroom noises with a Yamaha rep standing there it might be.
Tie rods just dont bend.
I hear your pain and recommend that you straighten it yourself.
Dont apply heat.Just some strong slowly applied force to make it the way it was.
I have used jacks and cheater bars to straighten them in the past.
DONT hammer on it.gently push it. Just look at it for a minute and study it to determine where to push.
And be aware of the ends.Dont screw up threads or whatever other components are still there.
BUT.......Once its bent........it will bend again...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would love to say it was a warranty issue, but i can't. all they have to do is say you were riding the machine to hard, or jumping and that isn't covered. in the manual it even says do not jump and tells you not to do any of the fun things. so they cover their butt when something breaks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was at a track here in town yesterday for practice, and there was a kid 17yrs old on a predator. He snaped his axle on a double. When he loaded the quad up he drove by and stopped to talk. He said that he had the frame replaced 3 times, the front shocks replaced, a-arm replaced, and gas tank replaced, all under warranty.

Sounds like even though they are junk they are going to stand by with the warranty.

I wish yamaha did this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I must admit that polaris has the best warrenty in the business. my friend broke his fenders in a roll over and they replaced those for free.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yamaha has never honored it's warranties in the 35 years I've bought their machines.

Talk to any early Raptor owner with the early tranny problems.

The Honda 300 had the same problem that year, and Honda gladly fix them free.

Yamaha, not good warranty wise.

·
Registered
551 Posts
dude....
tie rods are cheap last one i bought was ten bucks(banshee)
tie rod ends are about $40-50 and are replaceable ....ends are hard to bend
you probably only need a rod.
warranties can be best described as a manufacturers defect .
was there a defective part or would the part be fine still now today had you not hit something?
let us know what the outcome is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts