YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
It does look that way. Looks like a fairly new exhaust. Did you change the crush seal in the head? Doesn’t look like the pipe is seated far enough in. Pipe should seat approximately .240 inside the cylinder head. OEM seal is roughly .130 thick uncrushed, pocket is about .315 deep without seal should have a decent amount of crush on them to collapse and seal up. I see about .055 of crush. Roughly 40%

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look that way. Looks like a fairly new exhaust. Did you change the crush seal in the head? Doesn’t look like the pipe is seated far enough in. Pipe should seat approximately .240 inside the cylinder head. OEM seal is roughly .130 thick uncrushed, pocket is about .315 deep without seal should have a decent amount of crush on them to collapse and seal up. I see about .055 of crush. Roughly 40%
Yeah its a brand new dasa. The bike pops on deceleration that’s what led to me posting. I didn’t change the seal didn’t really know I had to. I’ll check the seating tomorrow thanks for the info

·
Registered
130 Posts
No problem..Yes definitely need to replace the crust seal each time you remove or install the header pipe. That would be whats causing the exhaust to leak. Yamaha OEM part number.
3VD-14613-01-00

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have an extra one I can send you. Just pay shipping. DM me your address and I get one in the mail for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Forgot to mention. You will want to remove the old crush seal and take some acetone and wipe out the carbon build up before installing the new seal so the pipe can slip into the head all the way without the seal. You want to make sure it wont bind in the head, this insures the head pipe will fully seat against the crush seal. Install new seal and torque down the exhaust flange nuts. 14 FT Lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts