YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah just moved down here to Anderson SC not too long ago. I love to ride i would be out every day but i cant ride around my house cause i jsut get into trouble with the law so i am lookin for someone or some people to ride with at a track or thier own trails if there is any one who is ready to ride contact me

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in Clemson...Carolina Adventure World is GREAT!! I went there a couple of weeks ago. My friend dislocated his ankle there that weekend! Got some really awesome air doing it...LOL! Next time we head that way i'll shoot you a pm. I got to get my yfz back together first.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
this is totally off topic but thats a sweet sig photo dude lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
k-bar atv park and lake houser go to atvnc.com for more place around you. The mideast series is going to bishopville I20 motosports park feb 22

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
if your close to the GA line, might want to check out durhamtown plantation too, pretty awesome place, only about 2 hours from the border on I-20

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (JA94vette @ Feb 13 2009, 03:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746186
I'm in Clemson...Carolina Adventure World is GREAT!! I went there a couple of weeks ago. My friend dislocated his ankle there that weekend! Got some really awesome air doing it...LOL! Next time we head that way i'll shoot you a pm. I got to get my yfz back together first.

Jeff[/b]

Alright sound like a good plan and by the way what do you need to get it back together i got a buddy that races pro and he can get parts for like half off almost

·
Registered
71 Posts
this is totally off topic but thats a sweet sig photo dude lol[/b]
Thanks!!!!

Alright sound like a good plan and by the way what do you need to get it back together i got a buddy that races pro and he can get parts for like half off almost[/b]

I appreciate the offer but, I got quiet an extensive list of parts I'm going to need. I haven't complied everything but here's what went down. My front shocks started leaking...so, after months of debate I spend the money to get some shocks and A-arms. I drove 2hrs to fedex to pick up my arms last Saturday and finally made it home and it was a beautiful day, so, I took the yfz out...a little wheelie too much and bam...

So, I started the dissemble to see what else I messed up. Nothing but the stem and plastic rash. Not bad. I am also going to have to get steering bushing but, those were on their way out already.

I went to change the oil....

Time for a little disassemble:

A little more...

A little more...

And as it sits:

The cyl was pretty tore up:

A little preview of what is to come:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (JA94vette @ Feb 15 2009, 07:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746926
Thanks!!!!

I appreciate the offer but, I got quiet an extensive list of parts I'm going to need. I haven't complied everything but here's what went down. My front shocks started leaking...so, after months of debate I spend the money to get some shocks and A-arms. I drove 2hrs to fedex to pick up my arms last Saturday and finally made it home and it was a beautiful day, so, I took the yfz out...a little wheelie too much and bam...

So, I started the dissemble to see what else I messed up. Nothing but the stem and plastic rash. Not bad. I am also going to have to get steering bushing but, those were on their way out already.

I went to change the oil....

Time for a little disassemble:

A little more...

A little more...

And as it sits:

The cyl was pretty tore up:

A little preview of what is to come:
[/b]

WOW That sucks But then agian thats one of the reasons why i have built three race quads you beat them until you have to buy parts then the parts you buy are top dollar funny how that works but good choice on the shocks thats my next move i rode one the other day with those and it was smooth so i have to save up a little they arent the cheapest of shocks but yeah i dont know what you are wanting to go with for your steering stem and seeing that you are now going to have a wider front end i dont know what you want to do with your rear i might be able to help you with soem of these parts ummm another option for your motor i think that i know a guy that has two motors just sitting in his garage and i think one is built but thats another option for you but i dont know what all is bad inside of your engine I guess if you need some ask cause i might be able to help you out cheaply but still getting proformance parts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
so if you have metal chips in your oil filter you gotta rebuild?

haha my frends has been leavin chips in his filter for the last like 6 months, i have yet to see chips in mine, besides after break in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 16 2009, 08:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747219
so if you have metal chips in your oil filter you gotta rebuild?

haha my frends has been leavin chips in his filter for the last like 6 months, i have yet to see chips in mine, besides after break in.[/b]
Funny you should say that...I've been having some shavings in my oil since the summer and I have been putting off disassembly. Lucky for me it just needs a cyl/piston and of course a million gaskets from disassembly. It started knocking a little harder and the oil went black FAST! Also, it started popping bad on decel and that is what made me take it down. Also, my friend is down w/ that broken ankle so he can't ride.

WOW That sucks But then agian thats one of the reasons why i have built three race quads you beat them until you have to buy parts then the parts you buy are top dollar funny how that works but good choice on the shocks thats my next move i rode one the other day with those and it was smooth so i have to save up a little they arent the cheapest of shocks but yeah i dont know what you are wanting to go with for your steering stem and seeing that you are now going to have a wider front end i dont know what you want to do with your rear i might be able to help you with soem of these parts ummm another option for your motor i think that i know a guy that has two motors just sitting in his garage and i think one is built but thats another option for you but i dont know what all is bad inside of your engine I guess if you need some ask cause i might be able to help you out cheaply but still getting proformance parts[/b]
As far as steering stem...i'm going to just go OEM right now. Motor is just cyl/pist...I'm gong to get prices tomorrow but that shouldn't be too bad. I'm hoping to keep the rebuild <1k...esp after the front end! The rear is staying stock for now...not enough cash for everything. I don't get paid enough being a graduate student on an assistantship!!! But, out of curiosity, what kind of motors does he have and how much? Prob wants a good bit more than 1k? Right?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
its about 2500 for me, including labour. Im not brave enough to rebuild my motor yet :mhihi:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will give him a call i bought mine from him for 1200 and thats not bad for the whole engine but yeah let me call him and i will get back to you

·
Registered
54 Posts
do any of you know what the sound level for pickens county trying to build a track where i can pratice and get in shape for xc racing

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok sorry man but they are already sold and sorry it took a minute to get back been a crazy week and spuds if you need help i am usually free on weekends just let me know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts