YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's like many other posts like this in the forum, but they're not really in depth and not helping me make a educated decision. Basically, I am getting my stock ECU refreshed by Pep's Performance, and I have the option to purchase a FCI intake along with it for my 21 yfz450r. I would've liked the freedom to upgrade the intake in the near future, but I have to make the decision now. Is it really worth the $325? I only trail ride not race or anything like that. If so, what kind of performance difference will I feel? Im not really into dyno or horsepower numbers etc just care about if I really feel a difference rather than removing my stock airbox lid.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
U have an awesome box stock machine doesn't need much open that air box up and maybe try after market fuel controller we tried a few on Yamaha never heard of pep rebuilding one for the money msd or hmf worked good for us just my opinion we always liked packaged deal they are made to work together

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U have an awesome box stock machine doesn't need much open that air box up and maybe try after market fuel controller we tried a few on Yamaha never heard of pep rebuilding one for the money msd or hmf worked good for us just my opinion we always liked packaged deal they are made to work together
Yeah, the reason I’m getting the ECU reflash is because I purchased a Rossier R4 exhaust.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You got a more free flowing exhaust why not get a better flowing intake. You should probably see close to a 3 hp gain from it and better throttle response. You definitely won’t have any complaints

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ya what my man atvman8351 said making the intake almost 2 times the size and with a open flowing filter on the end with no lid definitely won’t help much??????? WRONG-O!!! I didn’t go with fci I went with vision v18 intake but they are very close to performance comparison and my bike woke the f$$$ up son like noticicable ripping wheelies pulling the bike in the bed of the truck type way!!! Don’t waste you money on anything for that bike before you do the 13 clutch basket swap, Vortex and I mean vortex nothing else ecu, and exhaust with intake you won’t even recognize what stock parts even are after that these bikes a fire breathing dragons with muzzles on them so unleash the power player and Venmo us a donation when u see what we’re talking about!!!!!! It’s been a long while I miss this place

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had dasa with vortex with stock air filter it was nice, then I installed the FCI without box which after that I lost the power I know it doesn’t make any sense but that what happened I tired to change the settings more than once and didn’t work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Was that the problem for sure? I don’t know I do know it can make your bike run like absolute shit so it definitely could be

1 - 10 of 10 Posts