YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously had an 06 YFZ450 that I sold when my daughter was born. I recently picked up an 08 which I am rebuilding. When looking at the front, it appears that the left wheel is leaning in. There is not suspension or frame issue (all stock) and there doesn't appear to be any adjustments you can make. Then I seem to remember my 06 doing kinda the same thing.
What's up with the leaning in?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The top will lean in slightly, this is camber. It does this so as they suspension compresses it keeps the tire contact surface flat on the ground. Check you wheel bearings and check the front spindle axle to see if it is bent if one is leaning more than the other.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You may have a bent spindle. My buddy fell off his quad riding a wheelie and it kept going hit a power pole with the front right wheel only. Hit hard enough to make the quad bounce in the air and turn 180° and nothing broke but, the wheel that hit was leaning in a lot. Nothing was bent so we put my spindle on just to see and it fixed the excessive lean. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went to check the spindle and it looked fine. Then I put a jack under the front and lifted it. The leaning wheel came off the floor well before the other wheel.
I got something going on that I'll need to take some time to look at.
I'll try to get a pic soon too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I think I got it figured. It looks like my bottom a-arm is bent up slightly. Its hard to tell, but it looks like the angle the arms coming off the frame are a little different. I'm going to replace the lower and see if that helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replaced just about everything except the upper A arm and it still leans.
Oh well, I guess it will just lean until I buy a new set of A arms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts