YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is the turning radius so awful on these quads? does anybody else agree with me? its not that big of a deal but i have been on some pretty narrow trails that have pretty sharp turns with my 400ex, and i know that thing barely makes it through the turns, and the 400ex turning radius is maybe 5 times better then the yfz's, is there an upgraded pitman arm i can buy?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Yea it is short, you just gotta learn how to grab-the-gas-and-dump-the-clutch-while-you-turn! lol

I think Stix shaved his steering flag and got a little more turning, but im not completely sure. Other then that i dont think you can do anything about it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol haha its pretty scary riding on cliff sides man, maybe i can try shaving it a bit hopefully that would do something

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (ae13291 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=794768
lol haha its pretty scary riding on cliff sides man, maybe i can try shaving it a bit hopefully that would do something[/b]
oh lol well you shoulda specified that! Tires that grip help too. It seems i can turn way sharper with my MXR6's than with my stockers

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=794767
Yea it is short, you just gotta learn how to grab-the-gas-and-dump-the-clutch-while-you-turn! lol

I think Stix shaved his steering flag and got a little more turning, but im not completely sure. Other then that i dont think you can do anything about it.[/b]
This

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with u I have ridden 300ex and many 400ex my hole life got the 19 yfz 45or as a left over, I agree turning radis is bad to me. U need to keep it rev higher or stall out and how the pipe gets so hot as it Idles so yes I agree they r to different machines I only road it once in the snow so hopeing Saturday I can get some seat time and get it diled in and hopeing I can get use to it other wise my 400ex will be my daily rider still

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Steer with the rear wheels.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts