YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many sizes bigger did you guys go when you installed your new esr intake or woods. I went up only one size and the thing runs like crap cause it's still to lean. Pull the choke out half way and runs better. Any help would be appreciated so I only have to make one maybe two more jet changes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I will not be able to tell you b/c i haven't got mine yet, but I think that we will need more information to answer this question. What other mods you have? Is the intake the only thing you installed at that time? But I think that this a very good question. I was wondering the same thing, so I don't have to rejet 100 times.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the bug gun full system race pipe, cam mod, intake, and jet kit. I did have the 165 jet in it and it ran fine before the intake. Now it's so lean that you have to pump the throttle before take of and the it cuts out a little before revlimiter. Turn the choke on half way and then it runs better. My header pipe was turning color(glowing) all the way back to the mid pipe when before it was only about 2 inches from the exhaust port. I'm going to go outside now since its getting dark and throw in the 175 main jet and take it up the road and see how far back my pipe glows. A 175 is the biggest jet I have on hand.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from a test with a 175 main. Still too lean! :nono Pipe glows from head pipe all the way to the mid pipe a nice bright red. Runs better than with the 165 but still surges. Glow goes away completely with the choke half on. :( I'm guessing a 180 main?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
45 pilot

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have most of the same mods, and while all bikes aren't exactly the same, these specs should get you into the ballpark. I have the woods intake, and this is what i'm running - and it runs strong

45 pilot - can move up to a 48
175 main - can move up to 180
GYTR needle on clip #5
2.5 turns on the mix screw

These bikes like to drink, so check your plug - but don't be shy about going rich, better rich than lean I say. Also - your head pipe will glow normally, just ignore it.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Jan 4 2004, 09:22 PM
I have most of the same mods, and while all bikes aren't exactly the same, these specs should get you into the ballpark. I have the woods intake, and this is what i'm running - and it runs strong

45 pilot - can move up to a 48
175 main - can move up to 180
GYTR needle on clip #5
2.5 turns on the mix screw

These bikes like to drink, so check your plug - but don't be shy about going rich, better rich than lean I say. Also - your head pipe will glow normally, just ignore it.
Nils has it right.

Like he said each bike is different but the settings he posted should put you close enough.

A big part is the needle, are you still using the stock needle?

If so that is your problem, alot of people think that you can just change the main and maybe pilot and be done but the needle is a very big part of the jetting circuit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got the dyno jet needle. It's on the 4th clip. I'll try moving it to the #5 clip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts