YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looked into changing the intake cam? I have heard that an upgrade there will really make it rip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The guys at rossier engineering have bean playing with cams and have found that with there pipe, k+n, cam timing, 13:1 piston, minor porting, and web cams they are at 51.9 hp. With just the cams they have 50.4 I believe.
Give Joe a ring I am sure he would be glad to help.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by number64@Feb 12 2004, 03:03 PM
The guys at rossier engineering have bean playing with cams and have found that with there pipe, k+n, cam timing, 13:1 piston, minor porting, and web cams they are at 51.9 hp. With just the cams they have 50.4 I believe.
Give Joe a ring I am sure he would be glad to help.
So you are saying that after the "magical" cam change that they only gained 1.5HP with a pipe, K&N, porting, and a 13:1 piston :wtf ?

Anyhow with the cam mod, ports "cleaned up", ESR pipe, ESR air filter kit, and 13:1, I bet I am very close to 50HP if not more.

And then with the Methanol......????? 60Hp???

·
Registered
65 Posts
i think he is trying to say that intake cam gives almost as much HP as pipe, k+n, cam timing, 13:1 piston, minor porting

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Lanky@Feb 13 2004, 06:54 AM
i think he is trying to say that intake cam gives almost as much HP as pipe, k+n, cam timing, 13:1 piston, minor porting
Yeah that is what I was like WTF.

There is no way an intake cam change (the YZ/YFZ cam is already very aggressive) is worth 10+HP :wtf

No way, and if you believe that I have 1 1/4 acres here in Pahrump NV for sale that has an ocean view, and a private dock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts