YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anyway to mount up a Gibson Stabilizer. Going out the front, it will hit the brake line and I can't find anywhere to mount it on teh frame somewhere else? To dang cluttered...

ANY help would be great...

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will fit. Mount the front clamp to the frame bar that comes down on the right front( if you are standing in front of the quad). THe rear clamp mounts to the steering stem and mount it was low as you can on the stem. I have a Denton stick type stabilizer and my buddie runs a gibson like yours. The stabilizer will come out at a upward angle; IT will just take some trial and error fitting to clear the shock and all that stuff. I mounted mine with no instructions it took alittle bit but it works great. Raced it XC last weekend and never hit any of my suspenion parts and is still clamped tight. If I had my quad in front of me right now i could help you more but if you have any questions just PM me. Good luck

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
You can mount it on either side of the frame. I have both of mine mounted on the right side, as you are sitting on the quad, and at about a 25 degree angle, pointing up towards the front of your quad. Mount it low as suggested, and with a little patience, you will find the right mounting position to clear the front brake lines and your front push bumper if it is aftermarket.

I had to use a wobble extension on my Allen sockets to be able to tighten the Allen head bolts on the steering stem. It is a tight fit. I also Loctited the Allens to prevent backing out and having the stabilizer collar slip on the stem.

Make sure you turn the wheels all the way to the left and right to make sure you are not hitting anything before you tighten it all up.

·
Registered
429 Posts
u can mount them on the side like he said i made a bracket from my nerfbarf frame attachment

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like you all said, it took a while but I got it. It's a tighter fit then I like but it clears everything and don't slide around any. I got a race this weekend and I'll see how good it works for me. If it don't I guess I'll just sell it :D I'm just not a picky person LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now I have it right in the middle. We get a practice lap before our race Sunday so that will be my judgement lap LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts