YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having issues installing the antigravity 8 cel battery. The battery won't fit because the battery terminals fit right under the bracket and it can cause a short. Any advice on how to install??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they fit right on the terminals working like a bridge, that will make a big fire

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Is there any gap vertically between the battery and the cross brace? If not, might have to bend the brace a little to provide some breathing room and get some rubber and/or foam to provide a barrier.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
HOLESAW, BUT WILL MAKE BRACKET WEAKER.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
HOLESAW, BUT WILL MAKE BRACKET WEAKER.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's not a bad idea. The strength in the bracket is in the upright portion anyways (on the front and back sides) so it would not have a large effect on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you should have got a different battery one like the stock one or similar. That one that you bought is kind of too small and will bounce around in the battery box too much as well. I am a motorcycle mechanic as well I have seen people try and substitute stuff like that before it ends up being more trouble than it is worth. If you can return that Battery and get a good Gel battery or one of the new lithium ion batteries that are available for the bike now I have a 2009 YFZ 450R and could have got one for my bike. If you modify that bracket as well if may cause more problems with holding everything in there that stuff gets vibrating around in there a lot more than you think sometimes.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I run that exact battery in my quad (first carb and then EFI YFZ) and have had no issues at all. You use the supplied foam pieces to hold it in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts